Young Researcher Award Scheme 2018 – Lady Tata Memorial Trust:
Lady Tata Memorial Trust is likely to organize Young Researcher Award Scheme 2018 for young Indian scientists. Candidates who are doing research activities in biological sciences, are eligible to participate in this research award scheme. Young Researcher Award 2018 is a scheme for young candidates who are below the age of 40 years. Candidates must keep in mind that they are not eligible for this award scheme only by falling under mentioned age criteria.
The Selection Committee of Lady Tata Memorial Trust will consider candidates’ academic records, research work and experience before calling them for final selection. Candidates who get selected by LTMT Board, will have to appear in Personal Interview. Final Selection of deserving candidates will be done on the basis of their knowledge, skills and potential shown in Interview.
Young Researcher Award 2018
Young Researcher Award 2018 Notification has been released by Lady Tata Memorial Trust, Mumbai. Candidates who want to work on a research project of biological sciences, are advised to apply online for Young Researcher Award Scheme 2018. Lady Tata Memorial Trust wants to reward young Indian scientists having deep knowledge and interest in relevant research projects.
Interested candidates are required to pay Processing Fee of Rs.500/- through Money Order issued in favour of Lady Tata Memorial Trust, Mumbai. Selected candidates will have to work on biological sciences research project relating to human diseases. The prescribed application form for Young Researcher Award 2018 will be accepted up to Mid of January 2018.
Young Researcher Award 2018 Details
Name of Organization:
Lady Tata Memorial Trust (LTMT), Mumbai
Name of Award Scheme:
Young Researcher Award Scheme 2018
Duration & Schedule of Award Scheme (Research):
The duration of Young Researcher Award 2018 will be initially three which may be extended for two more years by Experts Committee of Lady Tata Memorial Trust based upon candidate’s performance & growth in research work.
Research Work under Young Researcher Award Scheme 2018 will commence from 1st of April or May, 2018.
Age of the candidate must be less than 40 years as on 31st March 2018.
- Candidate must be an Indian National Citizen.
- Candidate must possess Ph.D degree in any Biological Science or Master’s Degree in Medical Science or equivalent qualification in Biotechnology in relevant disciplines.
- Candidate should have achieved at least four years’ professional experience in specific research area after obtaining Ph.D/Master’s Degree.
- Candidate must hold a regular position in a university/institution/organization in India.
For further details, kindly refer Official Notification.
Candidates have to pay Processing Fee of Rs.500/-. The Fee should be paid by way of Money Order only.
Once the Processing Fee is paid, it can NOT be refunded under any circumstances.
Scope /Areas of Research:
Young Researcher Award Scheme 2018 will cover all Research Areas of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology related to human diseases.
Allowance /Remuneration Details:
In addition to monthly salary by Host Institution, the candidate will be paid Rs.25000/- per month by Lady Tata Memorial Trust.
Candidate who will work as Young Researcher, will be paid contingency grant of Rs.500000/- per annum.
Candidates can use Contingency Grant to meet expenses of consumables, minor equipment, international & domestic travel, manpower and other expenses.
Facilities by Host Institution:
A Research Institute or Laboratory chosen by candidate will work as Host Institution. Candidates will get necessary infrastructure and administrative support for research project from Host Institution.
Process of Selection:
Candidates will be selected for Young Researcher Award 2018 on the basis of their academic records, research experience & achievements and performance in Personal Interview to be held in March 2018 by Selection Committee of LTMT.
How to Apply Online for Young Researcher Award Scheme 2018:
- Log on to official website at www.ladytatatrust.org.
- Select Indian Awards tab and click on Young Researcher Award to open relevant page.
- Read the guidelines and download the document i.e. Official Notification.
- Go through whole notification carefully and select Applications tab.
- Navigate to Apply for Young Researcher Award link to proceed.
- Then click on Register option to begin.
- Register yourself with basic details and create your account.
- Login with your User Name and Password.
- Fill up online application form with necessary personal, educational and experience details.
- Upload your Photo, Money Order Receipt and other documents as mentioned.
- Submit the application form online on completion.
- Save your Application Registration ID, User Name and Password for future reference.
- Take printout of you application form for record and more use.
- Please forward hard copy of your Application Form along with attached documents to Director of recognized Institute or Research Laboratory where you are willing to do research work.
- Application Form must be reached to following address:
Lady Tata Memorial Trust,
24 Homi Mody Street,
Mumbai – 400 001.
Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: Mid of January 2018
Kindly open Official Website at www.ladytatatrust.org to get more information about Young Researcher Award Scheme 2018 notification issued by Lady Tata Memorial Trust, Online Application Form, Duration & Schedule of Research, Age & Eligibility Criteria, Processing Fee, Award Allowance, Contingency Grant, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Procedure to apply online for LTMT Young Researcher Award 2018.