Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18 Notification, Application Form at www.dbtindia.nic.in :
Department of Biotechnology (DBT India) is all set to arrange Tata Innovation Fellowship Program 2017-18 for talented scientists and researchers. Candidates who have obtained a higher qualification like Ph.D degree or Master’s degree in Life Science or Biotechnology, are eligible for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18. For this fellowship, Department of Biotechnology will select extraordinary candidates who can explore their skills towards new research projects.
In order to take part in Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18, the candidates must have an impressive track record in research in respective field/area. Candidates who get selected for this fellowship program, will be given full support and facilities for research project by Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. In addition, candidates will receive Fellowship Allowance/Salary on monthly basis during whole period of fellowship.
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18 notification has been released on its official website at www.dbtindia.nic.in. Department of Biotechnology is inviting offline application from highly qualified and experienced candidates for Tata Innovation Fellowship Program 2017-18. Interested candidates are required to apply through prescribed application form for this fellowship on or before 4th week of November 2017. Candidates must prepare a research proposal to submit it along with application form to DBT India.
Name of Organization:
Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India
Name of Fellowship:
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18
Duration & Schedule of Fellowship:
The duration of Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18 will be three years. Fellowship is extendable for two more years, subject to performance review of candidate.
Candidate’s age must not be more than 55 years as on last date of submission of application.
For further details, please refer Official Notification.
Candidates must meet eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Possess a Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology /related areas. The applicant must have outstanding contribution and publication in the specific area.
- Have a regular permanent position in a University/Institute/ Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- Have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
Candidates must have Evidence of outstanding track record and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
Areas of Fellowship:
- Life Sciences
- Veterinary Sciences
- Medical Sciences
Candidates will be paid Fellowship Allowance of Rs.25000/- per month in addition to Salary given by host institution. However, candidates who receive Salary from international organization, are not eligible to get Fellowship Allowance.
Research Grant & Other Facilities:
Candidates will be paid Research Grant (Contingency Grant) of Rs.6 lakh per year, so that they can pay cost of consumables, equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure.
Host institution will provide necessary infrastructure and administrative support to candidates for research project under this fellowship.
Process of Selection:
Department of Biotechnology will appoint the candidates on the basis of their academic background, research experience and publications, research proposal for fellowship and other details.
How to Apply Offline for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18:
- Log on to official website at www.dbtindia.nic.in.
- Find out Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18 and select the link to go to relevant page.
- Click on Advertisement link to download it as PDF file.
- Read whole advertisement thoroughly and get back to previous page.
- Download Proforma for Application and take printout of it.
- Fill up hard copy of application form with your personal, educational and experience details.
- Attach required documents copies with application form and send it to following address:
Dr. A. K. Rawat,
Scientist ‘F’, Department of Biotechnology,
Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110 003
Last Date for Submission of Application: 4th week of November 2017
Kindly visit Official Website at www.dbtindia.nic.in to know more about Tata Innovation Fellowship Program 2017-18 to be held by Department of Biotechnology, Offline Application Form, Duration & Schedule of Fellowship, Age & Eligibility Criteria, Fellowship Allowance & Research Grant details, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Procedure to submit application form Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18.