Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18:
Department of Science and Technology has released notice for Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18 on its official website at www.dst.gov.in. The candidates who are highly qualified in relevant subject or discipline, can participate in Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18. The candidates who wish to do a government fellowship with a handsome salary, should not miss this golden chance.
The Ministry of Science and Technology appoints the deserving candidates in Research Fellowship for a long period of five years. In order to apply for Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18, the candidates must meet the required eligibility criteria. However, the candidates will have to apply by offline mode only. Application Form in prescribed format is available on official portal. The interested candidates must fill up and send the hard copy of application form to address of Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18
The Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18 is going to be arranged by Government of India. The candidates who have qualified in PhD programme at a recognized institute or university, will be considered for selection in Fellowship for next five years. The Department of Science and Technology will provide some necessary facilities to support the candidates during fellowship period. The special requirements of candidates will be fulfilled by department on the basis of their academic merit.
Name of Organization:
Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
Name of Fellowship:
Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18
Duration of Fellowship:
The duration of Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18 will be maximum Five Years.
- The candidates should possess Ph.D in Science or Engineering or Medicine and should not be drawing Fellowship from any other Scheme of Government of India.
- Candidates should be active as Scientists in the frontier area of science and engineering with outstanding contributions in the form of research publications and/or patents. They should have received appreciation from scientific community, awards etc. in their area of research.
For further details, kindly refer Official Notification.
During the period of Fellowship, the candidate will be paid remuneration of Rs.25000/- per month.
Process of Selection:
The Selection Committee will call up eligible candidates for presentation on the basis of their academic record. Final Selection will be based upon candidates’ performance in Presentation and final recommendation of National Core Committee.
Award for Fellowship:
The candidates will be given Award on successful completion of Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18.
How to Apply for Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18:
- Log on to official website at www.dst.gov.in.
- Select Scientific Programmes tab and click on Scientific and Engineering Research.
- Search for Swarnajayanti Fellowships and select the link to go to respective page.
- Read all the guidelines and click on advertisement link to download it as PDF.
- Go through whole advertisement carefully to know everything about Fellowship Program.
- Find the format of application form and prepare your Application in prescribed format.
- Fill up the hard copy of application form with your personal, educational and other information.
- Attach copies of necessary documents and certificates with application form.
- Scan your application form on a computer.
- Send the soft copy of application form in PDF format via Email at email@example.com.
- Then, send the hard copy of application form with enclosures to the address mentioned below:
Jacob V. V.
Scientist SJF Cell,
Department of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110 016.
Last Date for Submission of Application: Mid of April 2018
Kindly visit Official Website at www.dst.gov.in to get more information about Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18 notification issued by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, Prescribed Application Form, Duration of Fellowship, Eligibility Criteria, Monthly Remuneration, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Steps to apply for Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2017-18.