SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2018 Dates. Students-Undergraduate Research Graduate Excellence Program 2018 is a Summer Internship Program arranged by IIT Kanpur. Students who are studying Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Science and Technology, are eligible to take part in this SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Internship. SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Research Program 2018 is available for students of Bachelor’s Degree, Integrated (Dual Degree) and Master’s Degree.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur invites young and intellectual students from all over India and other countries for Students-Undergraduate Research Graduate Excellence Internship Program 2018. IIT Kanpur has allowed eligible students from Nepal, Bhutan and some other countries to attend Summer Internship on limited sponsorship basis. Moreover, SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Internship Program 2018 is open for both IITK students as well as Non-IITK students.
SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2018
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur has recently issued an advertisement about SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2018. Students who wish to learn something new in upcoming summer vacation, must not miss this golden chance. By participating in SURGE Internship, the students will come to know about working practically on real-world projects.
Application Form of Internship will be available in January or February 2018 on IIT Kanpur official website surge.iitk.ac.in. Interested students will have to submit online application form for SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2018 before closing date.
SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Internship Notifiction
Name of Organization:
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Name of Internship:
Students-Undergraduate Research Graduate Excellence Internship Program 2018
Categories/Types of Internship:
IIT Kanpur has divided SURGE Summer Internship Program into four categories as under_
- SURGE for Other Countries
- SURGE for Non IITK Indian Students
- SURGE for IITK Students at IIT Kanpur
- SURGE Exchange Programme for IITK Students to go abroad
Duration of Internship:
The duration of SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2018 will be 08 weeks only.
Schedule of Internship:
The Summer Internship Program will start on Mid of May 2018 and it will end by 2nd week of July 2018.
Students must meet eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
SURGE for Other Countries and SURGE for Non IITK Indian Students
- B.Tech /BE /B-Arch /BS (3rd year completed)
- Five year degree program (3rd year completed, 4th year completed)
- B.Sc /B.A (2nd year completed)
SURGE for IITK Students at IIT Kanpur and SURGE Exchange Programme for IITK Students to go abroad
- B.Tech /BS (Studying in 2nd, 3rd year),
- Dual Degree (Studying in 2nd, 3rd, 4th year),
- M.Sc. 2-Year (Studying in 1st year)
Areas of Research:
Kindly refer Official Notification.
Students will be paid Stipend only if they are doing the Internship which is funded by one of the following authority_
- Funding from SURGE – Students will receive Stipend from IIT Kanpur.
- Funding from IITK Project – Students will receive Stipend from Project Investigator.
- Tie-up of Industry and IITK – Students will receive Stipend from respective Industry.
In any other case than above, the Students will not get any Stipend.
Application Fee and Administrative Charges:
Each student has to pay Rs.100/- as Application Fee.
Students who are coming under Self Funding, IITK Project Funding and Tie-up of Industry & IITK categories for SURGE 2018 are required to pay the SURGE administrative charges of Rs. 3000/- for Non-IITK Indian student and Rs. 2000/- for IITK student.
Process of Selection:
Selection of students will be done on the basis of their academic background, interest and knowledge of research subject, project etc.
Certificate of Internship:
IIT Kanpur will give an award and commendation certificate to those students who will produce exceptional quality research in Summer Internship.
How to Apply Online for SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2018:
- Log on to official website at surge.iitk.ac.in.
- Read all guidelines and eligibility criteria given under the head About SURGE 2018 Program.
- Click on Apply Online button for your applicable category of Internship.
- Fill up online application form with requires personal, educational and other details.
- Pay Application Fee of Rs.100/- through Payment Gateway.
- Upload scanned copies of your documents, certificates as per instructions.
- Submit the application form online on completion of filling up.
- Save your Application Registration Number/ID for future reference.
- Get printout of your application form for record and further use.
Online Application Registration Commences: January/February 2018
Closing Date for Submission of Online Application: February/March 2018
Please open Official Website at surge.iitk.ac.in to get more information about Students-Undergraduate Research Graduate Excellence Internship Program 2018 to be arranged from May to July 2018 by Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Online Application Form, Duration & Schedule of Internship, Eligibility Criteria, Application Fee, Stipend Details, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Steps to apply online for SURGE IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2018.