Ramanujan Fellowship 2017:
Ramanujan Fellowship 2017 is a research program for scientists and engineers of India. Science and Engineering Research Board is going to arrange Ramanujan Fellowship Program 2017 at various Science and Technology Institutions. Candidates who are working as a scientist or engineer at foreign country and want to come back to India, can also apply for Ramanujan Fellowship 2017.
Department of Science and Technology, Government of India wants to provide complete support to deserving scientist. Candidates who meet required eligibility criteria, are advised to apply for Ramanujan Fellowship 2017. During the period of Fellowship, selected candidates will have to focus on a research project opted by them. Science and Engineering Research Board will provide Research Grant to candidates, so that they can grow their research project.
Ramanujan Fellowship 2017
Science and Engineering Research Board has published an advertisement about Ramanujan Fellowship Program 2017 on its official website at www.serb.gov.in. SERB Board invites application form from talented scientists having some experience in research field to appoint them in Ramanujan Fellowship 2017. Candidates who want to explore their research idea through this fellowship program, should submit their application form in prescribed format to SERB, New Delhi.
Name of Organization:
Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
Name of Fellowship:
Ramanujan Fellowship 2017
Duration & Schedule of Fellowship:
The duration of Ramanujan Fellowship Program 2017 will be maximum five years. Please note down that duration of this fellowship in not extendable.
Age of the candidate must be below 55 years.
Candidates must have obtained a higher degree or equivalent, such as Ph.D degree in Science or Engineering OR Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology OR MD in Medicine.
Candidates must have achieved required experience in relevant research work.
Areas of Research:
All areas of Science in the broadest terms are covered in Ramanujan Fellowship 2017.
Candidate will be paid Fellowship Allowance of Rs.85000/- per month.
Research Grant and Support:
Candidate will be paid Research Grant of Rs.7 lakh per annum, so that they can arrange conferences and cover other expenses.
Ramanujan Fellows (candidates) will be eligible to receive regular research grants through extramural funding schemes of various Science and Technology agencies of Government of India.
Process of Selection:
Ramanujan Fellowship 2017 is for the Scientists and Engineers who have an outstanding track record. For the purpose of selection, SERB Board Committee will analyse research publication of candidates in last few years.
After getting selected, the candidates have to make a choice between their present job/work and Ramanujan Fellowship work.
Important Points regarding Selection of Candidates:
- The scientists can choose to work at any Science & Technology institution including University Departments or other academic Institutions and National Laboratories in India, provided the Institution at which they wish to pursue research is willing to provide the necessary Research & Development, administrative and basic infrastructural support to facilitate research.
- The availability of Ramanujan Fellowships will be advertised by various academic and research Institutions on their websites in order to receive applications from interested scientists and technologists. The Institutions will subsequently submit their recommended nominations to the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). Institutions may consider setting up appropriate mechanisms to scrutinize and recommend nominations.
- Individual scientists and technologists can also approach the institutions for hosting them for the Fellowship and forwarding their nominations to SERB for the Fellowship.
How to Apply for Ramanujan Fellowship 2017:
- Go to official website at www.serb.gov.in.
- Select Awards & Fellowships and click on Ramanujan Fellowship tab.
- Read the description and click on Format and Guidelines link.
- Download Ramanujan Guideline and various formats as PDF file.
- Fill up the prescribed application form with necessary details.
- Attach required documents and certificates with application form.
- Submit the application form to your concerned laboratory or institution.
- The Institutions/laboratories should send nominations i.e. application forms of most eligible candidates to SERB Board.
Application in original plus four photocopies of form should be sent to following address:
Dr. Pravakar Mohanty,
Science & Engineering Research Board,
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor,
Vasant Square Mall, Sector-B,
Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi – 110070.
Last Date of Application Submission: Applications are accepted throughout the year
Kindly open Official Website at www.serb.gov.in to get more information about Ramanujan Fellowship Program 2017 to be arranged for five years by Science and Engineering Research Board, Offline Application Form, Duration & Schedule of Fellowship, Age & Eligibility Criteria, Fellowship Allowance, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Steps to apply for Ramanujan Fellowship 2017.