Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018 Notification, Results, Apply at www.dbtindia.nic.in.
Department of Biotechnology has released a notification regarding Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018. Candidates who are active researchers for more than three years, are eligible to apply for this fellowship. Government of India is going to arrange Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018 for Indian Researchers working at foreign countries. Candidates who wish to participate in this fellowship program, must be highly qualified i.e. holding Ph.D degree or Master’s degree.
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018 is a research program to be held in various disciplines of biotechnology. Overseas Researchers can return to India by applying for Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018. Candidates who have expertise knowledge in research areas like agriculture, health sciences, Bioinformatics, environment etc., are advised not to miss the golden opportunity to work at Indian Research Institutes.
Department of Biotechnology is a government department that focuses on research & development of biotechnology in India. Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018 is one of the research initiatives of Government of India. The purpose of organizing this fellowship program is to attract our Indian scientists/researchers towards India from overseas.
Application Form for Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018 in prescribed format will be available very soon on official website at www.dbtindia.nic.in. Interested candidates will have to submit their application form through host institution to Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi by the end of January 2018.
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018 Notification
Name of Organization:
Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India
Name of Fellowship:
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018
Duration of Fellowship:
The duration of Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018 will be five years.
Fellowship can be extended for another term subject to candidate’s performance during fellowship period. However, the fellowship will not be extended for those candidates who are able to secure permanent position.
Schedule of Fellowship:
Kindly refer Official Notification.
Candidates below the age of 45 years, are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must possess one of the higher qualifications i.e. Ph.D or M.V.Sc or M.D or M.Tech in any discipline of Biotechnology.
- Candidates must be working at overseas i.e. foreign country. Those candidates who have returned to India within one year of closing date of application, are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have at least three years post qualification experience of research work of which last two years should be from overseas laboratory.
Candidates will be paid Fellowship Allowance/Remuneration of Rs.85000/- per month for whole period of fellowship.
Candidates will be provided following support and facilities:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) of Rs.7500/- per month.
In case, host institution provides accommodation to candidates, Department of Biotechnology will not give HRA.
Research Grant Details:
Department of Biotechnology will provide Research Grant (Contingency Grant) for Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018 as follows:
- Rs.10 lakh for 1st year
- Rs.7.50 lakh for 2nd years
- Rs.5 lakh for 3rd, 4th and 5th years (i.e. Rs.5 lakh every year)
Research/Contingency Grant is provided to candidates, so that they can manage purchase of consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred for the implementation of research proposal.
Process of Selection:
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their academic background, completed research work, experience and awards/achievements etc.
The Fellowship is taxable according Government of India Rules.
How to Apply for Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018:
- Go to official website at www.dbtindia.nic.in.
- Find out Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship and select the link.
- Download Official Notification/Advertisement and read it thoroughly.
- Find prescribed application form at bottom of Notification.
- Fill up the application form in the give format on your computer.
- Send the Soft Copy of application form with required documents attached to Email ID firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take printout of application form and attach necessary documents and certificates.
- Give your application form to your host institution and ask them to forward it to following address:
Dr. Meenakshi Munshi,
Director, Department of Biotechnology,
Block-2, 7th Floor, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003.
Candidates must not send the application form themselves, it has be forwarded by host institution. Applications not forwarded by the host institution will not be considered by Department of Biotechnology.
Last Date for Submission of Application: End of January 2018
Kindly log on to Official Website at www.dbtindia.nic.in to know more about Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018 notification issued by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, Offline Application Form, Duration of Fellowship, Age & Eligibility Criteria, Fellowship Allowance & Other Facilities, Research Grant details, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Procedure to apply for Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2018.