Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017:
Inter- University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics and National Centre for Radio Astrophysics is likely to organize Winter School Study Program 2017. Students who are currently studying undergraduate degree in science and/or engineering, can take part in this program. IUCAA and NCRA are jointly going to conduct Radio Astronomy Winter School in December 2017.
Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017
Students who have great interest in Astronomy and Astrophysics Theory, Observation or instrumentation, should not miss this golden opportunity. The Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017 includes Series of Lectures, Radio Astronomy Experiments and operating Radio Telescopes etc. It is a great chance for students to learn a lot of things about Astronomy and Astrophysics in very short time.
Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017 notification has been issued recently by National Centre for Radio Astrophysics on its official website at www.ncra.tifr.res.in. Students who meet required eligibility criteria, are invited through online application form for Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017. The NCRA Centre will accept applications from eligible students from first week of August 2017. Interested students have to apply online for Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017 via official web portal at www.ncra.tifr.res.in within prescribed time limit.
Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017 Details
Name of Organization:
Inter- University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA)
National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Pune
Name of Internship /Study Program:
Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017
Duration & Schedule of Study Program:
The duration of Winter School Study Program will be 10 Days Only.
Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017 will be conducted from 2nd week of December to 4th week of December 2017.
Students must be studying a Bachelor’s Degree in Science as B.Sc Physics /Electronics /Astronomy or Engineering as B.E /B.Tech Program at a recognized university.
Bright and highly motivated high school /junior college students who are involved in amateur astronomy, are also encouraged to apply.
For further details on eligibility, please refer Official Notification.
Winter School Program Details:
Following topics are covered in Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017, candidates will be able to…
- attend Lectures on Astronomy and Astrophysics by highly experienced faculties /professors.
- carry out Simple Radio Astronomy Experiments.
- learn about Operation of Radio Telescopes.
- take part in a Small Radio Telescope Assembling Workshop and Informal Group Discussions.
- A visit to Giant Meterwave Radio Telescope (GMRT) operated by NCRA will also be arranged during Winter School.
Stipend & Other Benefits:
No details mentioned about Stipend.
Students will be given required facilities during the period of Winter School Program.
Process of Selection:
Students will be selected for Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017 on the basis of their academic records and skills.
Certificate of Internship /Winter School:
Students may be provided Certificate of Winter School in Radio Astronomy 2017 after completion of study program.
How to Apply Online for Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017:
- Log on to official website at www.ncra.tifr.res.in.
- Find out Radio Physics Lab and select the link to go to relevant page.
- Click on the tab RAWSC to open details of Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017.
- Read the instructions given on page and select the link provided.
- Check Guidelines, Assessment Form, RAWSC Poster, Important Dates and FAQs.
- Then click on Apply Online tab to proceed.
- Fill up online application form with required personal, educational and other details.
- Upload your documents and certificates copies as mentioned.
- Submit the application form online on completion of filling up.
- Save your Application Registration Number for future reference.
- Take printout of your application form for record and further use.
Commencement of Online Application: 1st week of August 2017
Last Date to Submit Online Application: 3rd /4th week of August 2017
Last Date for Referees to Submit Assessment Form Online: within 04 Days of Closure of Application
Kindly go to Official Website at www.ncra.tifr.res.in to know more about Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017 to be arranged in December 2017 by Inter- University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics and National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Online Application Form, Age & Eligibility Criteria, Duration & Schedule of Study Program, Facilities & Benefits, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Procedure to apply online for Radio Astronomy Winter School 2017.