NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019: National Initiative on Undergraduate Science (NIUS) Physics Programme 2018-2019 Notification has been released recently on its official website. The candidates who are studying in Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in science or technology or engineering stream, are eligible to apply for NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019.
NIUS Physics Programme
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is going to organize Summer Internship 2018-2019 in upcoming months. The Selection Committee will shortlist the candidates who meet all eligibility criteria as described in Official Notification. The candidates must have studied Physics as one of the subjects in Graduation or Post Graduation.
The interested candidates are required to apply through offline application method only. The prescribed application form for NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019 will be available on official website from January 2018. The candidates must fill up and send the Application Form (hard copy) with necessary documents to address of the Homi Bhabha Centre, Mumbai.
NIUS Physics Internship 2018-2019 is a research programme conducted by Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Mumbai. The Internship is arranged for the candidates who have deep interest in Physics. The NIUS Physics Research Programme 2018-2019 will be held for two years in Summer Vacation. The candidates can improve their skills and learn so much by participating in NIUS Physics Summer Internship 2018-2019.
NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019 Details
Name of Organization:
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
Name of Internship:
NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019
Duration of Internship:
The duration of NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019 will be 15 to 16 days only.
Schedule of Internship:
The NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019 Internship first camp is to be held from 2nd week of June to 4th week of June 2018.
The candidates must have obtained at least 55% marks in Class X and XII and studying in one of the following degrees:
- 03 Year B.Sc or B.Sc (Honors) with Physics as one of the subjects.
- 04 Year BS or B.Tech or B.E in Physics /Applied Physics /Engineering Physics.
- 05 Year Integrated MS or M.Sc with Physics as one of the subjects.
- 04 or 05 Year B.Tech or B.E in any branch of Engineering /Technology.
For more details on eligibility, kindly refer Official Notification.
Please refer Official Notification for Stipend related details.
Process of Selection:
The candidates will be selected for NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019 on the basis of following:
- Performance in Standard X and XII Examination.
- Recommendations from two referees.
- A 250 word write up on student’s interest in and expectations from the NIUS Physics programme.
- Additional qualifications like KVPY, INSPIRE, NGPE, participation in OCSC and International Olympiads, etc.
Certificate of Internship:
Please refer Official Notification.
Checklist: Documents to send along with Application Form_
- Application form or its equivalent on plain paper, duly filled.
- A 250 word write up to explain your interest in and expectations from the NIUS (Physics) programme.
- Self-attested photocopies of your Std. X and Std. XII mark sheets.
- Two duly filled confidential assessment forms from teachers whom you had an interaction during last two years. Send them in individually sealed and signed (by the teachers) envelopes along with your application.
- Bonafide certificate of affiliation as a first year student from your college / institute.
- Two self addressed envelopes (without postage stamps) of size about 10 cm × 25 cm.
How to Apply for NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019:
- Log on to official website at nius.hbcse.tifr.res.in.
- Navigate to Announcement section and select NIUS (Physics) Programme 2018-2019.
- Read whole advertisement carefully to know everything about Internship Programme.
- Also check Eligibility details in Criteria for Selection.
- Download Application Form and Confidential Assessment Form.
- Take printout of Application Form and fill it up with necessary details.
- Provide your personal and educational details as per instructions.
- Send the Application Form along with Enclosures to following address:
Dr. Rajesh B. Khaparde
Academic Coordinator, NIUS (PHYSICS)
HOMI BHABHA CENTRE FOR SCIENCE EDUCATION
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd
Mumbai, 400088, India
Important Dates for NIUS Physics Programme 2018:
Commencement of Filling up of Application Form: January /February 2018
Last Date for Receipt /Submission of Application Form: February 2018
Please visit Official Website at nius.hbcse.tifr.res.in to get more information about NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019 Notification issued by Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, Prescribed Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Duration of Internship, Stipend Details, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Process to apply for NIUS Physics Programme 2018-2019 Internship.