National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017:
Science and Engineering Research Board has released an advertisement about National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017 on its official website at www.serb.gov.in. Candidates who have obtained Ph.D degree in relevant subject or discipline, are eligible to participate in N-PDF fellowship program. Candidates who are about to complete their Ph.D or MD/MS degree and have already submitted their thesis, are also encouraged to apply for National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017.
National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017
Government of India organizes various research programmes for students and qualified professionals to give them an opportunity to work on real world research projects. Candidates who wish to create a platform and become an independent researcher, should not miss this chance. Science and Engineering Research Board will accept application form for National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017 by online mode only. Application will be available in October 2017.
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) is all set to arrange National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017 for Ph.D and Master’s Degree qualified candidates. The fellowship will be conducted for two years, which can be extended for one more year if required. However, N-PDF 2017 fellowship program is not extendable for more than three years under any circumstances. Candidates who get selected for National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017, will receive fellowship allowance, research grant and other support from SERB, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
Name of Organization:
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
Name of Fellowship:
National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017
Duration & Schedule of Fellowship:
The duration of N-PDF 2017 fellowship program will be two years and it is extendable up to third year based on need of project and performance of candidate. For more details, please refer Official Notification.
Age of the candidate must not exceed 35 years at the time of submission of application.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit will be given to candidates of SC, ST, OBC, Physically Challenged and Women candidates as per rules.
First of all, candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
Candidates must have obtained Ph.D degree in science or engineering OR MD, MS degree in any discipline of medicine.
Candidates who have submitted their thesis work and waiting for Result/degree of Ph.D/MD/MS, can also apply.
Areas of Research:
Candidates are required to work on a research project based on Science or Engineering or Medical field.
Place of Fellowship:
Candidates will have to work at Research Institution, National Laboratory or R & D institutes at any place in India.
Candidates will be paid Fellowship Allowance as follows:
- Ph.D/MD/MS qualified candidates will receive Rs.55000/- per month
- Candidates who have submitted thesis and awaiting degree, will receive Rs.35000/- per month
Research Grant and Expenses:
SERB Board will provide Research Grant of Rs.200000/- per year and Rs.100000/- per year for Overheads.
Process of Selection:
Candidates will be selected for N-PDF fellowship program on the basis of their academic track record, knowledge & skills and recommendations of Expert Committee. Thereafter candidates may be called up for Personal Interview.
List of Required Documents:
- Bio-data (under user profile section)
- Age Proof Certificate.
- Qualification Certificate.
- Category Certificate (in case of Age Relaxation).
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant
- Endorsement Certificate from the Mentor & Host Institute
- Short CV of the mentor (see online portal for its format)
How to Apply Online for National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017:
Candidates have to find a mentor and host institute/laboratory for fellowship before they proceed to apply online for N-PDF 2017.
- Log on to official website at www.serb.gov.in.
- Select Awards & Fellowships tab and click on National Post Doctoral Fellowship.
- Read whole notification carefully and check Format and Guidelines.
- Click on Online Submission tab to open SERB online portal.
- Select N-PDF link to proceed.
- Fill up online application form for National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017.
- Upload your documents in PDF format as mentioned in above list.
- Submit the application form online on completion.
- Save your Application Registration Number/ID for future reference.
- Take printout of your application form for record and further use.
Commencement of Online Application: 1st October 2017
Closure of Online Application: 31st October 2017
Please open Official Website at www.serb.gov.in and www.serbonline.in to know more about National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2017 to be held by Science and Engineering Research Board, Online Application Form, Duration & Schedule of Fellowship, Age Limit, Eligibility Criteria, Fellowship Allowance, Research Grant details, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Procedure to apply online for National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) 2017.