LIGO-IndIGO Summer Students Program 2018 is an upcoming Research Internship to be held at California. LIGO Laboratory at California Institute of Technology has decided to arrange Internship Program for undergraduate students of India. Students who are studying a Bachelor’s Degree course in science and technology, are eligible to take part in this Research Program. Still the students should check eligibility criteria before submitting application form for LIGO-IndIGO Summer Internship 2018.
LIGO Laboratory at California Institute of Technology is looking for hardworking students for 10 weeks Internship in summer vacation. So, students should apply for this Internship only if they have a desire to work efficiently during whole research program. Moreover, the Schedule of LIGO-IndIGO Summer Internship has been changed from June-August to May-July months. Concerned students must check if they can spend full time on dates indicated for Internship.
LIGO-IndIGO Summer Internship 2018
LIGO Laboratory at California Institute of Technology has released an advertisement for LIGO-IndIGO Summer Internship Program 2018. Students must note down that LIGO-IndIGO Summer Students Program 2018 is not for civil, chemical and biological engineering disciplines. So, students from such fields are advised not to apply for Summer Internship. LIGO Laboratory is inviting online application from Indian undergraduate students for Summer Students Program 2018.
Name of Organization:
LIGO Laboratory at California Institute of Technology, California
Name of Internship:
LIGO-IndIGO Summer Students Program 2018
Duration of Internship:
The duration of LIGO-IndIGO Summer Internship 2018 will be 10 weeks only.
Schedule of Internship:
LIGO-IndIGO Summer Internship 2018 is scheduled to be held from Mid of May to End of July 2018. (Old schedule was June to August months which has been revised by LIGO Laboratory in 2017).
- Students should be registered at a recognized institute or university for Bachelor’s Degree program i.e. B.E. or B.Tech.
- Students must be completing three years of B.E. or B.Tech. by Summer 2018.
- Students must possess Indian nationality.
For more details on eligibility, please refer Official Notification.
Areas of Research:
During Internship Program, the Students are required to work on following research areas:
- Experimental Physics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Control System
- Software Engineering
Most of Research Projects will be relating to Experimental Physics.
Stipend & Other Facilities:
Kindly refer Official Notification.
Process of Selection:
Selection of eligible students will be done based on their academic record and research experience. The Reference Letters will also be considered to finalize the student(s) for Summer Internship Program.
Certificate of Internship:
Please refer Official Notification.
How to Apply Online for LIGO-IndIGO Summer Internship Program 2018:
- Log on to official website at jobs.gw-indigo.org.
- Find and select Summer Students Program link to go to relevant page.
- Read whole notification carefully and click on Apply Online link.
- Go through important instructions before proceeding to online application process.
- Fill up the application form with necessary personal, educational details.
- Upload your Photo and other documents, certificates as mentioned.
- Submit the application form online as it is completely filled up.
- Save and remember your Application Registration ID/Number for future reference.
- Take printout of application form for record and more use.
- As two referees to send recommendation letters directly to email@example.com.
Commencement of Online Application: January 2018
Last Date for Online Application: first week of February 2018
Kindly visit Official Website at jobs.gw-indigo.org to get more information about LIGO-IndIGO Summer Students Program 2018 to be arranged in May, June and July months by LIGO Laboratory at California Institute of Technology, Online Application Form, Duration & Schedule of Internship, Eligibility Criteria, Stipend Details, Financial Support, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Procedure to apply online for LIGO-IndIGO Summer Internship 2018.