JNCASR Internship 2018 Summer Research Fellowship Programme (SRFP 2018):
JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship 2018 is to be conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research. Students who wish to take part in JNCASR Summer Internship Programme 2018, are required to submit application form for the same. Every year, JNCASR Research Fellowship is organized in five different subjects (areas) of science discipline.
Students who possess Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in science and technology, are eligible to apply for JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship 2018. At the time of application, students should choose the research subject in which they have deep interest. JNCASR Internship 2018 will be conducted for two months during summer vacation. Students who will get selected for this Internship, will have to stay and work at JNCASR Bangalore or any other place in India.
JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2018 Details
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore has released an advertisement about JNCASR Internship 2018 on its official website at www.jncasr.ac.in. Students who want to spend their summer vacation in learning some research techniques, are advised to apply for JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship 2018.
Name of Organization:
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore
Name of Internship:
JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Programme (SRFP) 2018
Duration of Internship:
The duration of JNCASR Internship 2018 will be two months only.
Schedule of Internship:
JNCASR Summer Internship 2018 will be conducted in summer vacation period.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
Students must have secured not less than 80% in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th standard or equivalent examinations, and not less than first class in graduation and post graduation (if applicable).
Subject wise Eligibility Criteria
Students must be studying in following course/degree:
- Life Sciences – studying in I and II year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year of B.S., I, II & III year of B.E. /B.Tech., I year of M.Sc., and I-IV year of Integrated M.Sc.
- Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Mathematics – studying in II & III year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year B.S., II, III & IV year of B.E/B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. and II-IV year of Integrated M.Sc.
- Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences – studying in IV year of BS-MS, I year of M.Sc. and IV year of Int. M.Sc.
Areas of Research:
JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship 2018 will be arranged in following areas:
- Life Sciences
- Materials Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
Students will be paid Stipend of Rs.6000/- per month.
Other Facilities & Support:
Students will also be provided Travel Expenses i.e. train tickets for their place to fellowship institute and return.
Process of Selection:
Students will be selected for JNCASR Summer Internship 2018 based on following particulars_
- Uniformly good academic record.
- Candidates who are recipients of NTS merit scholarships /INSPIRE/ Olympiads etc. but in case of such a candidate being selected, he/she has to forego fellowship received from other source to be eligible)
- Demonstration of special aptitude and preparedness for research activity, such as a habit of reading scientific papers and books.
- Referees recommendations and replies to queries in the application form to be given due consideration.
Available Slots for Internship:
JNCASR has around 50 to 60 slots for Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2018.
Certificate of Internship:
Kindly refer Official Notification.
How to Apply for JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2018:
- Log on to official website at www.jncasr.ac.in.
- Find and Select Fellowships & Extension Programmes under Outreach section.
- Click on Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2018 (SRFP 2018) to open summer internship page.
- Read whole advertisement carefully to know all rules of Internship.
- Download prescribed application form and take printout of it.
- Fill up hard copy of application form with necessary details.
- Attach required documents, certificates copies as per instructions.
- Send the application form with enclosures to the address mentioned below:
The Academic Coordinator
Fellowships and Extension Programmes
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Jakkur P.O., Bangalore 560 064
Last Date to Download Application Form from website: 2nd week of November 2017
Last Date for Receipt/Submission of Application Form: 3rd week of November 2017
Kindly open Official Website at www.jncasr.ac.in to get more information regarding JNCASR Summer Internship 2018 to be conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research and supported by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, Prescribed Application Form, Duration & Schedule of Internship, Eligibility Criteria, Stipend Details, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Procedure to submit application for JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2018.