CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018:
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research is all set to conduct CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program 2018. Candidates who have completed Ph.D Degree and wish to make a bright career in research field, should apply for this fellowship. CSIR Council offers two years fellowship scheme to young researchers of India to provide them training and research opportunities. However, CSIR will allow foreign researchers up to a certain limit.
CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2018
Candidates who want to take part in CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018, are required to fill up offline application form in prescribed format. The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research will not accept the application form by any other mode. During the fellowship period, CSIR Council will provide complete guidance and training to selected candidates. Moreover, candidates will be able to use research lab and equipment of CSIR which are helpful in their research project.
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research has recently issued a notification about CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme 2018. CSIR Council is inviting offline application form from young candidates holding PhD degree for filling up vacant seats in upcoming fellowship. Interested candidates should download the prescribed application form and fill it up with necessary details. Thereafter, the candidates need to send the application form with documents to address of CSIR Council, New Delhi.
CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 Details
Name of Organization:
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi (India)
Name of Fellowship:
CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme 2018
Duration & Schedule of Fellowship:
The duration of Fellowship Program will be 02 years only.
CSIR Nehru Fellowship 2018 will commence on the schedule decided by Council.
Age of the candidate must not be more than 32 years. However, Upper Age Limit can be extended up to 05 more years for candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC, Physically Handicapped and Women of all categories.
- Candidates should have completed their PhD Degree in relevant subject or discipline.
- Candidates who have submitted their Postdoctoral Thesis Work, are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are about to submit their Postdoctoral Thesis Work, are also encouraged to apply. But such candidates are expected to submit their Thesis before expiry of validity of the award offer.
For more details on eligibility, kindly refer Official Notification.
Areas of Research:
CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 includes research work in niche areas of basic science, engineering, medicine and agriculture.
Candidates will be paid Rs.50,000/- as Fellowship per month.
Other Facilities & Support:
Candidates will receive following benefits in addition to Fellowship Allowance mentioned above:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) as admissible
- Contingency Grant of Rs.3 Lakh per year
- Accommodation will be provided by CSIR if available.
- Medical benefits as per CSIR rules for Research Associates
Candidates can use 25% of Contingency Grant for domestic and international travel including diem expenses.
Process of Selection:
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their academic records, research work/publications and Personal Interview.
How to Apply Offline for CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2018:
- Log on to official website at www.csirhrdg.res.in.
- Find out and select the link CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme.
- Click on the Fellowship link to download Official Notification as PDF.
- Read whole notification carefully to know the fellowship scheme.
- Find prescribed application form at bottom of notification and take printout of it.
- Fill up hard copy of application form with required personal and educational details.
- Attach your documents, certificates, Detailed Research Proposal and Testimonials of two referees.
- Send the Application Form with all enclosures by post to following address:
Please write title on envelope “Application for CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship”
Mr. S.A. Hasan,
Human Resource Development Group (HRDG),
(Council of Scientific & Industrial Research)
CSIR Complex, Library Avenue,
Pusa, New Delhi-110012
Last Date for Online Application: Application Forms are accepted throughout the year
Selection will be done twice in a year i.e. June and December. Candidates who wish to join fellowship in December 2017 term, should apply by October 2017 and those who wish to join in June 2018 term, should apply by April 2018.
Kindly visit Official Website at www.csirhrdg.res.in to get more information about CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme 2018 to be arranged by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Offline Application Form, Duration & Schedule of Fellowship, Age & Eligibility Criteria, Fellowship Allowance, Research Grant & Other benefits, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Steps to apply for CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018.