CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme 2018 notification, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and apply online at openlab.cern:
CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme 2018 is an upcoming research program for science and engineering students. Every year, CERN Openlab organizes Internship Program for undergraduate and graduate students. It is a good opportunity to the students who wish to learn some research work in summer break. CERN Openlab wants to give practical work experience to students who join Summer Internship Programme 2018.
CERN Openlab has released Summer Student Programme 2018 notification for Research Internship to be held from June to September months. Students who want to participate in this internship, are required to apply online for CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme 2018 through official website portal at www.cern.ch/jobs/join-us/cern-openlab-student-programme. The CERN Openlab will accept online application for Summer Internship 2018 up to Mid of February 2018.
CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme 2018
CERN Openlab is a unique public-private partnership which was established in 2001. The CERN company has done collaboration with ICT companies/industries and research institutes. So the students who will join Internship with CERN Openlab, will get a chance to work on a real-world project at industries and/or institutes. CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme 2018 is an open invitation to students who are pursuing Bachelor’s and Master’s degree with Computer Science, Physics, Engineering and Mathematics. Students are advised to go through all eligibility criteria before applying for this internship program.
Name of Organization:
Name of Internship:
CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme 2018
Duration of Internship:
The duration of CERN Openlab Summer Internship 2018 will be nine weeks i.e. two months only.
Schedule of Internship:
The CERN Openlab Summer Student Program 2018 will be conducted in between June and September 2018.
Students must meet following eligibility criteria:
- Studying Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Physics or Mathematics or Engineering or Computer Science.
- Have completed at least three years full time studies at university level by summer 2018.
- Who are completing their graduation in summer 2018, are also able to apply.
- Have a good knowledge of English.
- Have NOT worked with CERN before as Technical Student or Trainee or any other for more than three months.
- Have not attended CERN Summer Student Programme in the past.
Areas of Research:
Students will have to work on one of the following research projects:
- Porting a Java-based Brain Simulation Software to C++
- Performance study of detector alignment software
- Evaluating the performance of Seagate Kinetic technology and its integration with EOS
- Upgrading the Huawei Cloud Storage Benchmark to make it compatible with ROOT6
- Archiving OpenStack cloud volumes
- Processing of the WLCG job monitoring data using ElasticSearch
Students will be paid Stipend of 90 CHF per day.
Other Facilities & Support:
- Students will be provided Travelling Allowance on a lump sum basis.
- CERN will assist students to find accommodation near work place.
- Students will also get Health Insurance Scheme during internship period.
Process of Selection:
Students will be selected for Summer Internship based upon their academic record, knowledge and research interest plus skills shown in motivation letter*.
Along with application form, students need to write a motivation letter regarding their favourite research project on which they are going to work in Internship.
Certificate of Internship:
Kindly refer Official Notification.
How to Apply Online for CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme 2018:
- Log on to official website at openlab.cern.
- Go to Education tab and select Summer Students Programme.
- Read all guidelines and eligibility details about CERN Openlab Summer Internship 2018.
- Also checkout Appointment Conditions and Recruitment Process.
- Then go to official portal at www.cern.ch/jobs/join-us/cern-openlab-student-programme.
- Fill up online application form with your personal, educational details.
- Upload your CV, Motivation Letter, Proof of Enrollment at university for current year and other documents as mentioned.
- Submit the application form online on completion of filling up.
- Save your Application Registration Number for future reference.
- Take printout of your application form for record and more use.
Commencement of Online Application: November 2017
Closing Date for Online Application: Mid of February 2018
Declaration of List of Selected Students: Mid of April 2018
Please go to Official Website at openlab.cern to know more about CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme 2018 notification released for summer internship research to be arranged from June to September 2018, Online Application Form, Duration & Schedule of Internship, Eligibility Criteria, Stipend Details, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Procedure to apply online for CERN Openlab Summer Internship 2018.