Caltech SURF 2018 – California Institute of Technology: Summer Research Fellowship Program :
California Institute of Technology is all set to organize Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship 2018. Students who are pursuing an undergraduate program at a recognized university, are eligible to participate in Caltech SURF Summer Fellowship Program 2018. Students who meet required eligibility criteria, can apply for this fellowship even if they do not belong to Caltech.
Caltech SURF Summer Fellowship 2018 is a research program to be held for US and international students. California Institute of Technology is going to conduct Summer Research Fellowship Program in summer vacation time. The fellowship program is likely to be arranged in June and July months. Students must keep in mind that they will have to stay at California Institute of Technology or Jet Propulsion Laboratory during whole period of fellowship.
Caltech SURF 2018 Summer Research Fellowship Program
Caltech SURF 2018 notification has been released for Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship on official website at www.sfp.caltech.edu. California Institute of Technology, USA is inviting online application from young and enthusiastic students for Caltech SURF Summer Fellowship 2018. Students who wish to learn specific research techniques, are suggested to take part in Caltech SURF Fellowship 2018. California Institute of Technology will accept online application forms from eligible students up to third week of February 2018.
Name of Organization:
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, United States
Name of Fellowship:
Caltech SURF 2018
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship 2018
Duration of Fellowship:
The duration of Caltech SURF Summer Research Fellowship 2018 will be 10 weeks only.
Schedule of Fellowship:
Caltech SURF 2018 Fellowship Program will be conducted in summer vacation during June and July months.
Students must be studying an undergraduate program at Caltech or any other recognized institute /university.
Students must not be under any academic or disciplinary sanction.
For Students of Caltech
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
- Complete the third term at Caltech, or at another school under a program approved by a Dean.
- Be eligible for fall term registration before beginning your SURF project and no later than July 10.
For Non-Caltech Students
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5/4.0.
- Complete the second semester or third quarter at your college or university.
Areas of Research:
California Institute of Technology will declare Research Projects for Summer Research Fellowship Program 2018. Students will be able to check List of Research Projects after it is announced on official website at www.sfp.caltech.edu.
Student will be paid award (Fellowship Allowance) of $6000 for whole fellowship period. The payment will be made in two equal installments in June and July months.
Other Facilities & Support:
Housing facility will be provide to Non-Caltech Students at Campus of California Institute of Technology or Jet Propulsion Laboratory. But Housing will not be free, students will have to pay housing charges as applicable.
Moreover, Students are required to purchase a declining balance card for use at Caltech eateries. Please note that campus eateries will not be open on weekends.
Process of Selection:
Students will be selected for Summer Research Fellowship on the basis of their academic record, knowledge & skills and research proposal submitted by them.
Place of Fellowship:
Students will have to work at one of the following places after getting selected for Caltech SURF Summer Research Fellowship 2018:
- California Institute of Technology
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
How to Apply Online for Caltech SURF 2018 Summer Research Fellowship Program:
- Log on to official website at www.sfp.caltech.edu.
- Find out SURF link and select it to go to relevant page.
- Go through Program Description, Eligibility and Announcements of Opportunity.
- Then click on Application Information tab to open it.
- Read the guidelines given on page to know how to apply for Caltech SURF 2018.
- Click on SURF Application link given at bottom of the page.
- Fill up online application form with required personal, educational details.
- Upload your Research Proposal, Confidential Letters of Recommendation and Transcript as mentioned.
- Submit the application form online as it is completely filled up.
- Note down your Application Registration Number/ID for future reference.
- Take printout of application form for record and further use.
Last Date to submit Online Application: 3rd week of February 2018
Kindly go to Official Website at www.sfp.caltech.edu to get more information about Caltech SURF 2018 Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship to be arranged by California Institute of Technology in June & July 2018, Online Application Form, Duration & Schedule of Fellowship, Eligibility Criteria, Stipend Details, Process of Selection, Important Dates and Procedure to apply online for Caltech SURF 2018.